All Times are local, Baghdad Time
Day 1, 22nd September 2021
- H.E Professor Ali Allawi, Minister of Finance & Deputy Prime Minister
- H.E Eng Arkan Shihab Al-Shaibani, Minister of Communication
- H.E Mustafa Ghalib, Governor, Central Bank of Iraq
- H.E Matthew Tueller, Ambassador of the United States to Iraq
- H.E Dr. Eric Chevallier, Ambassador of France to Iraq
- H.E Ulric Shannon, Ambassador of Canada to Iraq
- Dr Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency
- Wadee Al Handal, Chairman, Iraqi Private Banks League
- Saroj Kumar Jha, Regional Director, of the Mashreq, World Bank
- Dr Yasir Sabri Raouf, MD, Chairman, Hamraa Insurance Company
- Designing a government of the future. How can Iraq implement vital e-services?
- What is digitally possible for Iraq? What innovation can be implemented in the short and long term to digitize the economy?
- Exploring a digital infrastructure for a digital future.
- What strategies can Iraq implement from other fast growing digital nations to support the e-government?
– Hussein Kanber Agha, Advisor to H.E the Minister of Finance
– Mohamed Hakeem, General Manager, Careem
– Ahmed Shakir, Advisor, Earthlink
– Ali Tariq, CEO, Iraqi Private Banks League
- Polys Hadjikyriacos, Chief Business Development Officer & Executive Board Member, NETinfo
- Financing the rebuilding of Iraq.
- Developing Iraq’s renewable energy sector as a long-term sustainable solution to its energy challenges.
- Tackling ESG concerns and improving diversity within the Iraqi economy.
– Bilal Sugheyer, Iraqi Senior Country Officer, IFC
– Chris Cantelmi, Principal, IFC
– Abdullah Jefri, Levant Manager, IFC
Day 2, 23rd September 2021
- How can local banks support Iraq’s reconstruction and infrastructure goals?
- Financing Iraq’s megaprojects, structuring risk, and incentivizing investors.
- Regulatory tariff reforms and new investment initiatives to boost FDI.
- Project finance as a tool to finance Iraq’s largescale infrastructure requirements.
- Rebuilding Iraq: Status of Funding & Reconstruction Efforts.
– Bareen Abdusalam Qasim, Director General & Chairwoman, Iraqi Fund for External Development
– Karama Mehdi Abbas, Financial Operations Expert, Central Bank of Iraq
– Samir Al Nusairi, Banking Consultant
- John Cardenas, Mission Director, USAID
- The role of angel networks and incubators.
- E-Commerce & Retail: Brand establishment for growth companies.
- Power of AI: Enhancing customer experience, revenue streams and scalable finance within financial institutions.
- Tech entrepreneurship: Start-up ecosystems and their importance to overcoming a challenging working environment.
- Capturing the Iraqi market: Entry from successful regional start-ups.
– Hussein Al Bayati, General Manager, Iraq, Careem
– Mujahed Al-Waisi, Founder, KAPITA
– Christine van Den Toorn, Founder & President, Iraq Fund for Higher Education
– Johannes Poppele, Project Director, GIZ